I know with any new challenge or goal, I do best with a set of rules. I’ve come up with a few that I think will make the challenge more doable:
- No new clothes for 365 days.
- Definition of clothes: tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, jewelry, purses, belts, sunglasses, scarves, underwear, bras, socks, basics, etc. I can make my own jewelry (we’ll see how that goes…maybe I’m more creative than I give myself credit for)
- Makeup & hair-dye do not count. No new perfume (I already have a ton that I don’t use!)
- Workout clothes do not count, assuming they cannot be used as normal clothing.
- I need one new winter coat this year. I am budgeting $120 for this.
- Any money made from selling clothes will be put in a jar to use at my discretion (a necklace, a pair of flats, a pack of socks) with a $20 start. This will allow me to replace the essentials should the need arise. Any purchases will be documented.
- I can accept clothing as a gift, or gift cards to be used for clothing. I cannot use cash gifts for clothing.
- I can borrow clothes from friends and vice versa.
- Bridesmaid-related items do not count. Nor do costume items, at a minimum.
Inventory coming soon 🙂 I’ll also be posting pictures throughout this journey!