Alas, I can’t help but do these posts. They’re fun 🙂 My sweet new friend over at A Vibrant Day tagged me to pick 15 Things I Won’t Wear. I decided not to tag anyone after I tagged so many people for my awards post a couple weeks back. If you want to tag yourself, feel free to share a link to your post in my comments section below, and let me know what 15 things YOU wouldn’t wear?!
2. Gaucho/palazzo pants – Put on some yoga pants or some capris, but don’t try to blend them. At least don’t wear heels with them. Skirts in this length and material are so much more flattering and feminine!
3. Crude/rude t-shirts and logos – those clothing items that seek to make a statement whether its “F*CK” or another rude saying, just don’t. Even if you’re just going through that rebellious phase, you look like a jerk and nobody else thinks it’s witty.
4. Gladiator sandals/heels – I don’t know why, I just never really got into this trend. It’s not one of those ones I hate, it just doesn’t suit my personal taste. I’d rather have cutout booties or boots like this:
5. Real fur/large quantities of faux fur – I love animals of all shapes and sizes way too much to justify this “fashion.” If we were back in olden age where they were necessary to keep warm in the winter (think about that for a second…), it would make sense, but as a fashion accessory? I just don’t get it how it’s “cool” to wear a dead animal 😦
6. Faux eyelashes – maybe someday… This is actually one item that I really do like (when they look natural), but for the life of me I can not apply them without looking completely ridiculous. I’m jealous of people that apply them with such ease!
8. Rompers – this one actually makes me a bit sad. I wish I could wear rompers. They’re so darn cute. But being 5’9, I just can’t seem to find one that fits me right. They either don’t cover me on top, or pull up too much at the bottom. Nobody wants to see that 🙂
9. Pants/shorts w/ words written on the butt – now that I’m turning 25 again this year, I think that it would be difficult for me to get away with wearing something like this, even if I wanted to (and I don’t). I’ve never really been a fan of this kind of thing (except for some Pink-brand sweats, and even then it’s limited).
10. Thirty-One bags – I get that they can come in handy if you’re a crafter, a baby-toting mom, or a sports enthusiast, but Thirty-One is not really ground-breaking. Since the beginning of time people have needed bags and boxes to move things from point A to point B. There are plenty of other (cute, more affordable) storage/bag options. I just don’t care for either the embroidery or any of their patterns.
11. (I can’t believe I even have to say this one) Over/short-alls – I don’t care what designer label you are wearing, these have to be stopped. I love me some SJP, but come on, I can’t imagine spending $2 on a pair of these, let alone the thousands that I’m sure set her back. No amount of celebrity or designer status can change my opinion here. I’m enjoying some of the resurgence of 90’s trends, but there are certain ones that should remain buried. Forever.
14. Banded-bottom shirts, all of them – tangent warning. I have very strong opinions about these shirts, on anyone/any size. I’m not sure how these came to be such a closet staple as they are not flattering! A banded waist immediately draws the eye to the widest-part (most often, at least in my case) of the waist/hip-line. It also adds extra weight above the banding. Look at these fits:
Again, size is not even a factor here. It immediately adds weight around the waist and bust, completely losing shape of any assets you have. A banded fit should hit you at the smallest part of your waist/torso, to maximize flattery:
15. Velour-anything (but especially track-suits) – ugh. I have saved the worst offender for last. Words cannot describe my complete and utter hatred for velour. It literally pains me to even waste some storage space by simply uploading the picture, not to mention the fact that I want to bleach my eyes just from looking at it. I’m really sorry if this is your thing, I don’t mean to offend you. But I HATE velour.
Whew, that was a passionate post! Haha. Do you agree/disagree with any of my choices? Let me know in the comments below!