My subscription box addiction continues! I experimented with several new subscription boxes this month, but as always, Birchbox was the first of many to land on my doorstep!
- Ellovi Butter in Vanilla – this butter can spread on a little greasy, which is common for a lot of butter balms. In addition, I wasn’t a fan of the smell. I like vanilla, but it smelled a bit flat and stale to me. Many of the reviews on Birchbox’s website rave about the smell, so I wonder if I just got a bad batch?
- Benefit’s The POREfessional – I’ve got a million of these mini tubes so it wasn’t super exciting to me to get another one. They make great little add on gifts though 🙂
- amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – first of all, amika has the cutest packaging! This was my favorite product from the box, as it smells super fresh and also didn’t leave a white residue behind like several other dry shampoos I have tried!
- dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleanser – shame on me! In writing this review, I assumed this was another primer like the POREfessional. But at looking at it more on the website, this is actually a treatment mask you let dry on your affected blackhead areas for 5-10 minutes, and then rinse off!
- Lord and Berry Paillettes Eye Pencil – wasn’t a huge fan of this pencil. The color is a deep charcoal color with glitter embedded. First of all, the glitter made rubbing the pencil on somewhat painful, and then in reviewing my application, there was only one fleck of glitter that actually made it off the pencil. Definitely not worth the full-price ($16).
Overall, this month’s box was mostly a bust. It’s not that they didn’t give me good products, they’re just not suited for my tastes (which is bound to happen when you’re sampling so many new products). I like the dry shampoo and will try the pore vacuum cleanser, but the other products will either be given away (POREfessional) or go to the trash (eye pencil).
As always, if you would like to subscribe to Birchbox for $10/month, feel free to use my referral link by clicking HERE!