November 2014 Boxycharm: Sparkle and Shine
– MicaBeauty Eye Primer ($44.95) – this eye primer (I’m pretty sure this is the deluxe sied item in the box?) is creamy and smooth, but I could never justify paying $45 for a full-priced eye primer when Urban Decay and Too Faced (my favorite!) offer comparable products at/around $20.
– Kevin.Murphy Color.Bug ($20) – this rub-in hair color is a really pretty bronze (in the package). I have yet to see if it’ll even show up against my already light hair!
– OFRA Cosmetics Pressed Blush in Paradise Pink ($24.95)
– Bellapierre Eyeshadow in Hurly Burly ($14.99) – this is a gorgeous purple shimmer loose eyeshadow. I have yet to decide whether I want to keep it–it’s so pretty!–or give it away since I rarely use loose eyeshadows.
– Tarina Tarantino Eyelicity Glitter Liner in Glitter Mist ($16) – When I saw this pink-pearescent liquid eyeliner, I was really excited to try something unlike anything else I owned. Unfortunately, it left very little to be desired. The formula was extremely liquidy, despite having mixed it for a while with the brush. In addition, the actual sparkle flecks were few and far between on application. The ones that did apply either flaked off on my cheeks or in my eyes as the day went on. Ouch!
December 2014 Boxycharm: Jingle Belles
– Mistura Kabuki Brush ($19.99) – I’m a big fan of retractable brushes. They maintain their shape, while being the perfect travel companion! Pulling the tube up covers the bristles before replacing the cap, which maintains the integrity and working power of the bristles.
– Coastal Scents Revealed Palette ($19.95) – I just got the Revealed 2 palette, and I am so happy to now own the original Revealed palette as well (boy would I have been bummed if they sent me something I just bought!) As the 2 is supposed to be a dupe of the Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay, I’ve heard the original Revealed is supposed to be a dupe of Naked 1 AND Naked 2. I can’t wait to play and compare 🙂
– Eva NYC Clean It Up Shampoo – I just used this shampoo for the first time yesterday, and I immediately noticed how much it smelled like my Beauty Protector products. Unfortunately, at least after the first use, I’m not wowed by the formula–didn’t notice much difference from an “ordinary” shampoo.
– Lina Lashes 100% Cruelty Free Lashes ($30) – agh why do faux lashes look so bad on me?! These are really gorgeous lashes, but they are a little over the top. The only time I have tried false lashes is the “natural” looking ones that do more lengthening than anything. These are super volumous and will clash too much with my light features. Giveaway!
– Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Trophy Wife ($14)
One more to go…sigh. Sorry for all these back-to-back haul posts. I swear I’m not made of money or crazy or anything…a little compulsive, but that can be curbed, right? 😉