Well, this will be my first and last post about Glossybox. Not because they are bad (oh VERY much so the opposite), but because I’m going on a spending freeze for the first quarter of 2015. I have canceled all monthly subscription boxes (with the exception of Birchbox which I prepaid for a year) for the foreseeable future.
Glossybox was by far, the most prestigious of my subscription boxes, I mean, just look at how beautifully it is presented. It arrives safely-protected in a pretty cardboard outer-shell, and then inside: a pretty pink box. The pink box is gorgeous, sturdy, and roomy, with its logo patterned all over the inside. The products are placed atop a pile of black crinkled confetti, wrapped in pink tissue paper, and tied together with a pretty black bow (my re-wrapping isn’t nearly as nice).
The price is $21/month, the same as Boxycharm (and just as worth it!).
– Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Black Dahlia $18 – a gorgeous dark, gothic oxblood color with blue undertones and buildable coverage. A little goes a long way here, and precise application is key. It is best to use a lip primer, or to cover your lips with concealer to absorb the color and keep it from bleeding onto your skin (which it will stain!). If you can follow all those instructions, you’ll love it! Ha
– Proganix Anti-Fade Weightless Argan Oil + UV Protection in Cherry Blossom $11.99. Overall, I didn’t feel a noticeable change in the texture of my hair, but it did leave my hair smelling very refreshed! Only a couple of spritzes are necessary as it can be overpowering very quickly.
– Kryolan Highlighter in Cashmere (this must be a sample size since its in Glossybox pacakaging)
– Sesha Botanical Hydro Mask $9 – I can’t wait to use this! It promises to moisturize and purify the skin (don’t those seem like opposites?) in just minutes using aloe, cucumber, and hydraulic acid.
– Vince Camuto Amore Fragrance (full-size is $78, so I’m guessing this runs about $12) – I’m a fan of fruity perfumes and floral perfumes, and anything inbetween. Therefore, it’s not surprising I am overwhelmed by the sheer romance of this perfume. It comes in the cutest little bottle and it’s a pour, not a spritz, perfume. Hints of amber, cashmere, and sandalwood also serve as the base for this fragrance.
November 2014 Glossybox
– 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment (full size is $20)
– Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer (full size is $45) – I really like the idea of these Juice Beauty products, but every single one I’ve tried I haven’t particularly enjoyed. The texture is a little too sticky for my tastes, but I’m always willing to use up every bit of organic/all-natural product I have…unless I just can’t stand the smell. Luckily, that’s not the case here and I’ll be finishing this tube!
– Kneipp Herbal Bath Balancing Lavender $20. This product comes with enough for two baths. I don’t get the chance to take a bath all that often, but I will definitely check back in with an empties post once I do 🙂 I’m thinking I’ll use it to relax after a long run one of these days (when I actually do a long run!)
– OPI Nail Lacquer in Pink Outside the GlossyBox $9.50 – le sigh…the one product I was single-handedly most excited about was my least favorite in the bunch. This polish was specifically made for Glossybox by OPI. I know transluscent polishes have their time and place, but dang it! If I’m going to go through the effort of painting my nails, I want you to be able to tell! It took me 3 coats to get a color that was still only 90% opaque. That color is so pretty in the bottle, I was hoping for more pink and less translucent…
– So Susan Cosmetics Universal Blush $23.29 – I have a million and one blushes, so I had initially been planning on giving this away, especially since I had never even heard of the brand before. However, after looking up some swatches online, this frosty pink universally-flattering blush sounds lovely for the winter/spring months. I have some deciding to do…
December 2014 Glossybox
Confession! I’m embarrassed to say I have been so busy with all my other posts and non-blogging life, that I haven’t even had a chance to try most any of the products in the following two boxes (okay, I am determined to get off my arse and wear one of these lipsticks tomorrow…). Photographing on my camera alone took me almost a month to do!
With not buying new beauty products for a few months, however, expect to see lots of empties posts coming your way 🙂
– Bellapierre Mineral Lipstick in Burlesque $19.99
– Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute $32
– Toni & Guy Leave In Conditioner $10
– Rituals Cosmetics Miracle Scrub in Ginseng and Ginkgo Biloba $17
– Ciate Mini Paint Pot in Yule Rules $10
Limited Edition 2014 Holiday Glossybox
Funny story. So I ordered this Holiday Box ($40) in late November. By this point, I had clearly blown my November budget for beauty products, so I felt guilty and decided to cancel my order after they hadn’t shipped it since the two weeks from when I ordered. They confirmed my cancellation and guess what? It arrived in the mail a few weeks later anyhow. Upon contacting them, they told me to keep it!
I swear I’m starting to inherit my mother’s luck. In the last two years, she’s won an Xbox 360 bundle, a Ninja blender, a year’s supply of coffee, several months worth of dog food, and surely several other little things I’m forgetting about. Anyway, I digress. The box includes 7 full-size items and 1 deluxe-size fragrance and is made of red velvet MAGIC (seriously, it’s such an awesome box, I’m keeping it to use for I don’t know what yet):
– Calvin Klein Reveal Fragrance (Mini) $30
– The Lip Bar Lipstick in Crimson Red $25
– Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara $20
– Teadora Nourishing Lip Butter in Rainforest at Dawn $15
– Cargo TexasLiner Liquid Liner $20
– NCLA Nail Lacquer in Satin Sheets, Velvet Ropes $16
– Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Wind $20
– Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Concentrate in Smote $14
I know I didn’t get to review most of the products, but I needed to roll this post out before it was obsolete (or next December…). I hope you are having a great Tuesday so far!